Friday, April 17, 2009

palm TX PDA Intel ARM-based processor 312MHz 320 x 480 TFT IrDA Bluetooth WirelessLAN


Refusing to rest on its laurels, Palm presents the TX with more features than ever before. The 320x480 transflective TFT touchscreen has support for over 65000 colors in either landscape or portrait modes. And in a Palm first, the graffiti zone can be cleared for unprecedented viewing area. It’s what’s behind the screen that’s truly amazing. It’s powered by a 312MHz Intel ARM based processor and has 100MB of user accessible memory. If that isn’t enough, there's a slot for MMC/SD/SDIO cards. You can add extra memory, or run extra software without loading it into the Palm’s memory. The TX also works great to review pictures from your digital camera with its remarkably clear screen. The audio player lets you carry one less gadget. Load your music onto an SD card and plug in a set of headphones or use the speaker. You can also listen without wires using a Bluetooth headset, and even dial your phone right from your contacts list. Keep up with the world using the WiFi connection and the Blazer web browser. You can also use the WiFi connection to download MS Office documents to edit on the road. At home, at work or at play, the TX from palm keeps you in control.

Other Thoughts: This is my 3rd Palm, I rely heavily on them in my business of Auto Wholesale, with Kelly Bluebook and other Vehicle valuation guides that run on it, keeping my inventory and values organized, I had the Tung E model, and broke the LCD screen bumping a wall. Cost to replace the screen is more than replacing whole unit so I upgraded to the TX for wifi and BTooth (BTooth i dont use yet). Wifi works great strong signals/recept for me, I have even looked up cars on dealers websites and closed deals with that feature so it was a good upgrade investment for me. Buy this you won't regret it, just know it may not play well with your old applications if you sync up to your old palm data. Just start over and you will be happy.
21 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you?

Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!
After using it for one week
Reviewed By: Jeffrey T on 3/5/2006

Tech Level: somewhat high - Ownership: 1 week to 1 month
Pros: Compact, Bluetooth and Wifi. Amazing screen. Included software is very usable. I love the ability to hotsync over wifi. Running a wifi scanner program on this makes finding hot spots very easy.It's also pretty fast. My last PDA was a Pocket PC device with a 400Mhz processor and I would say this Palm is at least twice as fast even given the reduced Mhz of its processor. Price is fantastic considering what you get.Also, the battery lasts quite a long time. I would guess you could use wifi 5 hours a day. If you were just reading an ebook, it might last 10 hours.And, the battery can charge off of the wall wart or USB.
Cons: I'm not too crazy about the flip cover but that is a minor complaint. I would rather it was made of smooth leather. It has turned on in my pocket from inadvertant presses of the "Web" button but you can rectify that with a utility called "Disable Buttons". It's free software that disables certain buttons when the device is turned off.
Other Thoughts: I considered a Lifedrive but it was just too bulky. I can keep this in my pocket without it bothering me during the day. My list of necessary/useful software if you buy this palm:WiFi-Where (wifi scanner)WiFile Pro (access files on home or office network - including opening office documents. It does come with the lite version of this program for free.)Ilium eWallet (stores private data like usernames and passwords)Disable Buttons (to keep inadvertant button presses from turning it on in your pocket)
18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you?

Thanks for the valuable feedback you provided!
if($("commonIframe")){$("commonIframe").attachEvent("onload",(function(){Biz.Product.ReviewVote.submitDone()}));};
Quick Specs (view all30)
Model
1047NA
CPU Type
Intel
CPU Speed
312MHz
Resolution
320 x 480
Memory
128MB

No comments:

Post a Comment